METHAMBA RECIPE :
1/4th kg. Raw Mangoes
1 tea spoon fenugreek seeds
1 bowl jaggery
2 tea spoon Red chilly powder
2 table spoons oil,
1 tea spoon Mustard seeds
1/4th tea spoon Asafoetida
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1.Wash & Wipe raw mangoes. Peel it and cut it into one inch sized pieces.
2.Heat oil in a Pan. Add mustard seeds. When it starts to crackle, add asafoetida, turmeric powder and cloves.
3. Add fenugreek seeds. Fry it till it becomes brown.
4. Add raw mango pieces and mix it.
5. Cover the pan with big dish and put some water into dish.(this is the traditional way of cooking the food when no water to be added).
6. Cook it for 5-6 mins or till mango pieces become little soft.
7. Add 1 bowl water, jaggery and salt.
8. Cook stirring in between till it becomes thick.
1. If raw mangos are too sour, then add 2 tea spoon of sugar along with jaggery.
2. Without keeping it in fridge, one can use it for next 7-8 days.